Lately, I have been going outside in the early hours with my steaming cuppa joe and ready to take it in. This morning did not disappoint. Sitting quietly I thought to myself that there seemed to be WAY more birds that early then there are typically at other parts of the day. I held my phone up with my trusty bird app up to pick up the different calls.
First of all, I was amazed to learn just how many feathered friends had joined me, but also, and most importantly, the unity in their songs. They took turns, they responded to each other, and they didn't overlap. It truly was amazing to behold. The app identifies the bird, but also lights up as each bird calls. Were they singing to each other, or where they singing solo?
Every once in a blue moon my app hits a bird that is not in the data base and I am left to wonder what bird was singing that beautiful song.
But I think it's good to wonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment