Wednesday, March 6, 2024

An Offering


       This little nondescript origami frog may seem inconsequential or even unimportant but don't be fooled. This little joyful fellow represents not just the pure love of an eight year old, but the elusive connection with her.

    Today I returned to a class that I subbed in recently, and a student who kinda struggled that day produced this little black frog. She smiled shyly, and said, "Mrs. Gersho I made this for you."

      If you have ever worked with kids (whether it be volunteering or even teaching) you know exactly the significance of this frog. 

   And I treasure him. He sits on my bathroom counter, and I love to look at him. He never fails to make me smile.
 

3 comments:

  1. I do recognize that frog. Our librarian taught them to the kids last week and got one from a kid who wanted to share. Offerings from kids are truly the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i HOPE your student will love your little frog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing touches your heart more. As a retired preschool teacher and Special Education Teachers assistant, I know that those are days that make the chaos all worth it.

    ReplyDelete