Every morning when I head into the gym the temptation of this brand new French bakery is laid out right in front of me.
Typically I head in Orange Theory with my water bottle, gloves, and my heart rate monitor band. Every once in awhile, I might look wistfully across the street at the bakery. Often the bakery has a line with a steady stream of customers. Frequently, someone strides out solo with a steaming espresso, while others might walk slowly together, talking animatedly, and nursing their coffees. Sometimes, I even see the elusive golden baguette. Yet, still I manage to turn on my heel, and make my way into the gym. I would liken it to clockwork, I guess. It's almost rote. I always leave stronger, fitter, more positive and ready to tackle the day.
I will confess that when I'm leaving I might steal a second glance at the bakery out of the corner of my eye. As I slide my sweaty self into the front seat I make a solemn promise to myself that I've got a date with a freshly baked croissant soon.
And I want to be clear; I just made good on that promise yesterday.

I admire your dedication to your workouts and your restrain from entering the French bakery. More importantly, I am so glad you treat yourself once in a while.
ReplyDeleteLove the twist at the end! Kudos to you for making time to work out too!
ReplyDeleteOh good to know there was a Croissant at some point. I love the determination to get into the gym but rewards are fun at some point. Right?
ReplyDelete