Sunday, March 6, 2022

Apple Doesn't Fall. . . .




   I was told by my mother's sweetmates in college that when my Mom graduated they all proudly presented her w/her own silver coffee pot- on a rope.  Even later in life my mother, despite her early onset dementia, so loved her cup of hot joe.

   Fast forward to her granddaughter with her own coffee machine in her dorm room, Nespresso machine in her bedroom of her apartment, and now home temporarily messaging us at work for "espressos," with smiling emojis. 

    I can hear my mom's throaty chuckle.

5 comments:

  1. The granddaughter carries on the coffee addiction gene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following threads and moments that connect generations. I also love that coffee is the link here between grandmother and granddaughter, as my own pot is brewing. In a few words, you give us poignant images - hearing your mom's chuckle, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title works so well here to set the reader up for what follows. I love how you showed the thread of coffee love that connects your mother and your daughter. As Fran noted, ending with the echo of your mom's laughter is perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this whole thing! Reminded me of a conversation with my upcoming college freshman - he said he needed an Keurig in his dorm room. Oh he is his mother's son!

    ReplyDelete