Thursday, March 3, 2022

She's A Good Person

 

   My daughter brought her best friend home last night because she had one too many cocktails and her parents would have "hated on her, " last night. Both of them college graduates, both of them back in the nest (for different reasons) and both them impaired.

    My daughter took her friend's keys, left her friend's car in the restaurant parking lot, took a Lyft, and brought her friend Sammi in our home last night.  I not only did not hear the slurred whispers,  but I also completely missed her helping her up our unforgiving hardwood stairs to her room. This morning as we both headed to the gym she showed me the crumpled post it that had by now fallen off the door, "I left you a note, " she offered hopefully. 

    I thought about her decision to not drive, to help her friend, but also be respectful to her parents. She had checked all the boxes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this. Our kiddos making choices to protect themselves and each other. You've got a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be feeling very happy about your daughter. I am glad for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adultish children have a whole new level of learning for parents and the kids themselves. Congrats! There are adults who don’t make those great decisions!

    ReplyDelete