Tuesday, May 2, 2023

WOKE



       When I see a mom pushing a silent stroller with the shade pulled down I SO remember that time. And sure, sure I get a little sentimental sometimes. In fact, I can be that sniffling soft hearted mom who gets a little torn when she sees the kids in their p.j.'s, clutching a stuffed animal, lined up for a movie night at the school. Yes, I do pause for a moment when I see a mom whispering to child in the toy section at Target. (Okay, that one is a stretch. I don't miss that).

     And every once in a while, deep in my sappiness, I get a signal that rattles my cage and snaps me out of it. I get a signal that says loud and clear,  you are blessed, and you know you wouldn't want life any other way.

4 comments:

  1. I relate to these tender feelings you describe so well. I remind myself that I am blessed to have these sentimental memories. I am looking forward to seeing that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it? Very well done and very true to the book.

      Delete
  2. You're even more blessed because you take the time to record them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I saw it this past weekend with a group from our synagogue. My husband was not so sure about a movie about a preteen girl, but we both really enjoyed it. A bit of a blast from the past, too!

    ReplyDelete