The funny thing about the "pecking order," is that it really does exist, and the one that exists in nature itself is a beautiful one to behold. I sat for hours this weekend, lost in wonder watching these little birds and big ones happily co-exist.
When the larger birds alighted on the feeder, and a smaller one was already there, the smaller ones inevitably fly off first. It's as if their tiny little brains think, " It's ok. There is plenty. I will come back." One wonders why their human friends, with larger, and more sophisticated brains cannot embrace such a simple concept.

I so agree with you. We have two feeders outside our dining area window and it is interesting watching the birds come and go and how some defer to others. However, there is enough food for all so none go hungry.
ReplyDeleteRight?! And my fav part is how the word gets out mysteriously and soon all the birds in the neighborhood know.
DeleteI love your title which is indeed true! I am pretty sure that most of their human friends, despite their larger brains, struggle with the idea of letting others go ahead ever!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, this is SO true!
Delete