Tuesday, September 23, 2025

The power of JOY


 

     Yes, you heard me, reclaim that recess joy. 

     Have you ever been at a school when the recess bell rings, and the children start spilling out? They come shooting out of those doors, and the energy and voice levels are palatable. It's not only intense but the squeals and laughter can be infectious.

   Something so simple like doing whatever makes you happy leads to improved mental health and better relationships with others.

    Oh, and it reduces stress AND makes you happy.

    What are you waiting for?!

8 comments:

  1. Done! I am reclaiming my recess joy! And then I am reclaiming my 3pm bell on a friday afternoon joy. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Robyn! I like the sound of that, too

      Delete
  2. I was subbing just yesterday and got to experience some of what you write about today. I need to remember to see, to notice, the joy in their recess play, not just watch them. Thanks for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sub, too. It cracks me up how they can go fill throttle, full bore for 10-15 mins and then regroup. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of recess joy. My immediate thought was of all the teachers racing out the door screaming wildly at the end of the day. lol But seriously, it's a great concept. I'm going to be thinking about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Physical activity brings recess joy; I'm not waiting to enJOY it any more! I love this phrase, wild and precious it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recess, the favorite subject of many and the one filled with joy of solving problems and exploring. While there are many teachers who do not like that "duty" I was one who always volunteered - even if it meant the dreaded indoor recess duty on rainy and snowy days!

    ReplyDelete