Monday, January 24, 2022

All Fur Love






   All my life we have had cats.  We have had great cats, mind you. Big fat, furry aloof puffs of furs that sun themselves lazily in the sun that pours through a sliding glass door. Cats that barely bat an eye at you  as you come in the door.

   Lucie our first dog couldn't be more different. I come home, I come in the door, and I call out.  I set down my book bag.  For a nano second there is dead silence. Then somewhere, faintly in the hallows of the house, I can hear a bell ringing faintly.  The jingle gets louder, as she loses her footing, skidding, on the hardwood floors, trying to make it to the door to greet me. 

Someone is glad that I am home.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes. It is absolutely wonderful to have the company of dogs. As the mom of two kids who are out-ish of the house, I always said it was nice to at least have SOMEONE who was happy to see me when I got home each day!

    ReplyDelete