Tuesday, February 24, 2026

Small Moments


   



    I have been thinking recently about the whole idea of whether or not small moments are really big ones.

    Now hold on- here me out.

    I can't remember how I fell upon this concept but I must admit it really got me thinking.

    Now I'm not gonna bog my point down with a bunch of examples because that not only gets inside of your head but it also deflects from the power of this idea.

    How do you test this theory? I'm not there is a concrete way.

    But

    Just think of the typical milestones, or the biggest events in your life and let the idea rest there. Yes, they are important. Yes, they are significant. 

    But 

    Think of your child's first smile, think of a blade of grass covered with dew, the sound of the surf, the timber of a loved one's voice. . . . and on, and on. . . .

    Let that ruminate.

    So the next time you are out, and going about your day, try to take in a "small moment" with that different lens. 

    Slow down. Look closely.

   When you get in that groove, and stop and take things in this way, the results might be transformative.



5 comments:

  1. I like how you have “Slow down. Look closely.” as their own paragraph. It slows the eye down and helps me to focus on those words.

    I also agree - so many of those small moments really are the most enjoyable ones. Maybe those are the moments I should be focusing on when I’m in the midst of anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that those small moments are often very important ones to remember and note. It is why I participate in this Challenge: to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the specifics of some small moments:

    'Think of your child's first smile, think of a blade of grass covered with dew, the sound of the surf, the timber of a loved one's voice. . . . and on, and on. . . ."

    Thanks for the call to action:

    "Let that ruminate."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you have broken this up makes us slow down to read and appreciate those big small moments. Very clever craft to make a strong theme shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The small moments are consistent sources of renewable energy.

    ReplyDelete