If you haven't seen the meme with a comic of a man sitting on a dock with his dog it's a very telling one. The man has a thought bubble chock full of things. The man's thought bubble depicts all the things we typically worry about: people, money, jobs, bills, etc. The dog's thought bubble only has one thing; it depicts his owner.
I NEVER fail to glean a life lesson from this one. Honestly, I'm lucky if it's only one. How to slow down, how to seize the moment, how to show your love- are just a few of the many teachable moments that Lucie shares with me.
And when she's on my lap, looking out like this, I try to remember that meme. I try to soak up just a wee bit of canine wisdom.
Be here now.
While of course you are loving your four legged friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment