Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Time Machine




    This weekend I was lucky enough to attend a concert with my now 25 year old, and witness an aberration. A musical rarity, or to be even more specific, a musical overlap.  As I carefully snuck glances at her, down the line of a neighboring singing faces, I just kind of marveled at it. 

     Was it really so long ago that I took this little eight year old to a bunch of concerts? When I close my eyes, I can easily see her screaming her bloody head off to Miley Cyrus, and pointing out each of Katy Perry's multiple costume changes. I distinctly remember her both singing at the top of her lungs and sobbing to the boys of One Direction. The One Direction concert also included a visit to the boy's tour bus, and signing it, by the way. ( Yes, I am THAT mom.) I also remember cursing up a blue streak leaving these venues, and vowing to start my own teenage concert ride share company. 

   It was the same jubilant face. Over-the top joyous, singing every lyric, word-for-word, just in a young woman's body.

   How cool is that?

    


1 comment:

  1. A teenage concert ride share company is actually brilliant.

    Glad you and your daughter had fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete