Monday, February 21, 2022

Cheating?

    I used to LOVE watching my daughter sleep in a co-sleeper and watch her peachy soft profile. There was nothing I loved more than setting my eyes on her the first moment I woke up.

    Later I graduated to standing in her doorway, and marveling at her stillness. How could this tiny Mount Vesuvius be so immobile?

  On a college weekends I was called, "Creepy," and "Stalker." Yet, I still didn't stop. I just learned to choose my night watches much more carefully.

   Tonight I was invited to a binge watch of  NBC's the "Bachelor." (Trust me, my invites are few and far between, and I grab them all).  About an hour into the program I watched her eyelids flutter a bit, and then surrender to sleep.   I looked down lovingly as she dozed  against my shoulder.  Does this even count, I wondered?

   I simply didn't care.

3 comments:

  1. So, so true. That moment to just look on them with absolute love. Check the planes of their face and remember all the different views you've had. Precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES indeed ... Checking on sleeping children, enjoying their peaceful faces... I would say that a doze on the shoulder counts double!

    ReplyDelete