There are so many cute little cabin names up by me. Our cabin is set in the low sierras and we have been traveling up to this area, and renting for years before we were lucky enough to find/purchase our mountain escape.
As if pancake breakfasts, pee wee golf, movies under the stars, and floating on a lake weren't quite enough for our souls our cabin fulfilled yet still another role this year.
This has been some year. Online teaching ( and all the craziness this entails 24-7) facing CovId (w/it's own set of fears and anxieties) worrying about my children, worrying about our political climate, and finally the toll of the pandemic on my own health has almost knocked me down.
Big Sigh.
When I leave the Bay Area and see those low foothills- even just an hour of driving before our cabin a calm washes over me. I can't describe it but I sure feel it. It's as if my body knows what is happening? And even when I pull up, and we lug in our gear, trip after trip, we are still animated and talking. And when I stand out on that deck, and all I can hear are the leaves rustling, or some kind of deep hush sound, my shoulders drop as if to surrender.
I think I may have a name for my cabin?
I would have loved to have a cabin this year... a place to escape to. Sometimes a change of scenery is what we need.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the name of it is Surrender or Tranquility.
Nature heals always :)
ReplyDeleteThis has been a tough year, but nature heals, as you so eloquently remind us. I’ve never been more grateful to live in the mountains than I’ve been this year.
ReplyDelete