Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Cause and Effect

 




  I'm feeling so weird about this. I know I'm too sensitive, I know life and death interchange and they are part of life BUT. . . 

    This morning as I stood in my yard quietly nursing a cup of coffee before the sun rise I heard a hawk.  I smiled to myself because I'm a birder now. I have many bird feeders, I have a smart feeder, and and even a very clever app. I have identified over 20+ bird species in my yard, either by physical description or by their call.

   I use suet, hummingbird, songbird, and birdseed feeders

   Are you impressed?

   Well, I was.

   Later on this morning while doing dishes, and gazing out my window, I saw a whole bunch of white nestled in the grass. I knew instinctively what it was. I went outside cautiously, found the spot on the lawn, and crouched down.

   There in the circle, was as I suspected, the remains of a very small bird. A small bird who came to the Gersho yard for breakfast- not to be breakfast.

   I'm not blaming myself. I'm not even saying anything really.

   I'm just noticing the cause and effect in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment