Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Choose Your Lens


   Did you know we have 60,000 thoughts a day and 80% of them are negative. Say what? I've heard the cliche "focus on the positive," but this takes that old chestnut to a whole new level.

    Part of my mindful mornings is to read a bit and be outside in quiet before I start my day. While reading Manifest 7 Steps to Living Your Best Life by Roxie Nafousi I learned I needed to manage my thoughts. When we allow our negative thoughts to roam free, unregulated and unmanaged they (obviously) work against us.

   There is SO much in the read but one of the biggest takeaways ( that also seems obvious) is that if you can grasp that thoughts and emotions are all made up of energy, and if you can change your thoughts, thus you can shift the frequency. Like attracts like- think physics ( which was hard for me as I was only in Chemistry for three days- science was not my "thing.")

   Essentially replace the negative thoughts with positive ones. Easy? Hardly. Is this a " cure all," does this work? I don't know BUT I do know when I stay in the high vibration emotions, or I try to redirect myself there, I feel better. I actually feel better, and my body somehow relaxes, my face almost smiles, and my posture softens. I feel as if I just finished a yoga pose.

   As I continue on my picture book author journey whilst being kicked in the teeth on a fairly regular basis, I NEED to change my thoughts. I need to alter the way I perceive things.  And the best part? The best part is these are great tools for life in general. So, it's a win-win! 

6 comments:

  1. Every part of this slice is very important. Your title was a great hook. "Choose Your Lens" and I learned a lot from your takeaways. What I know is that negative thoughts can be very draining. Thanks for the slice and the introduction to the book. All the best with your "picture book writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking a lot about changing lenses lately and this post certainly resonates with me. I'm not sure I'd thought about this idea in terms of energy, but that totally makes sense. Thanks for reminding me to shift my thinking...I've definitely been sliding in to the dark zone the past couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an area in which I am currently exploring as well. Thanks for the book title, I just requested from the library. Managing our thoughts can be challenging due to all the noise inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this post. I just added that book to my TBR list. Also very intrigued and want to learn more about the high vibration emotions and ways to turn the other thoughts into these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This certainly is an important part of finding the joy in all the little slices of our lives. I too have added the book to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking so much about the power of our thinking. Starting my day with quiet writing time helps so much. I will add this book to my TBR! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete