Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Wag More, Bark Less

 



     Before I got Lucie I used to wonder what that bumper sticker meant. Seriously. Now I don't. I mean I'm not Dr. Phil, or even Dr. Oz when it comes to dogs, but I DO think we sure could learn a lot from dogs, and their attitude about life.

   Now she can't talk (hard to believe, I know) but she does speak a language. Everything can be interpreted via her tail. It's her thermometer. She can be totally immobile, and still communicate. Her tail tells it all. Walk? Does she want to play? And no matter how exhausted she might be, her love of you can always be communicated through the rate of the motion of her tail.

   Sometimes I wonder, what is she thinking?

   But I never wonder what she is feeling.

   Carpe Diem?  This dog is all about showing every feeling right out there on her front leg. It's all about play, love and sleeping.

    I mean after all, what else is there?

5 comments:

  1. My dog Richard loves people more than dogs. He stares deeply into the eyes of any passerby. If they meet his gaze, they are friends forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Lucie! She looks so cute and curly. I have a dog named Teddy- he is a cavapoo (poodle mixed with King Charles Cavalier). I know just what you mean about the tail communication! It is crazy how much love and joy a dog can bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You summed it up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete