Well, my daughter just left at the crack of down. She is headed back to her demanding, and crazy boss in sunny southern California. We just wrapped up both holidays (Hanukkah and Christmas) and managed to cram in as many rituals, and traditions that our small little nuclear family has.
It was beautiful right? I am SO blessed; that is a fact.
Then why do I feel like I was hit by a bus?
Hmm, maybe it was the baking, the constant compromising, the schedule changes, the last minute store runs, the Christmas Cards, the extra post office trips, the menu planning, the late night wrapping, or even a trip to the emergency vet?
Sheesh! I'm exhausted just typing this.
You know what? I liken our holidays to childbirth. And why do I make this outrageous comparison? Well, that's because there will be repeat performance our holiday madness next year, and we will love every minute of it.

Holidays are definitely exhausting with all the socializing and cooking going on! You earned a break
ReplyDelete