Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Still Not Hatched




     I swear I read every chapter of that What to Expect when you are Expecting, and I'm pretty sure there was no chapter on adult children living in the home, or returning to the home.
     Whaaaat?
     I feel cheated.
     You guessed it. I have two "twenty somethings" back in the nest. One I am trying to re-launch, and the other I'm trying to get ready for a local four year university, as he got a late start. 
     My daughter heads off to southern California next month to a world of even more uncertainty, as she chases her film editing career.  She has chosen a profession that is not only a very competitive industry, but also one that is full of rejection.
     My son has finally tentatively chosen to return to school full time, and chosen an area of study.  After two years of struggling with depression and anxiety (with all the bells and whistles of the pandemic mixed in there) he may have just come out the other side?

    Mom does likes to complain but trust me on this: she WILL sit on this nest as long as it takes. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I like the strong WILL in the last sentence. Wishing the best to your young adults as they find their way in this complicated world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things don't happen along the schedule we expect, and that's okay. Sometimes, it's even better than it would have been. Settle in, and enjoy it as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A parent is a parent forever, I think. Good luck to both your adult kids in their adult endeavors. It sounds like you are helping just enough.

    ReplyDelete